Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stolen Moments is Done!!

I was so busy trying to finish "Stolen Moments" in every moment of spare time, that I had no time for blogging.  Besides I'm starting to feel a little silly blogging away to myself.  I figure people will eventually come if I have anything interesting to say, but there are SO MANY quilting blogs out there.  I click "follow" whenever I see one that seems interesting, but there are now over 100 on my list.  I need to pare this down a bit.  Anyway, without further ado, here is the finished Brown Bag quilt, now officially named "Stolen Moments."

Greg was kind enough to stand on a chair and stretch his arms full length, but I still couldn't get the whole thing!  If the yard dries out I'll take it back out there tomorrow.  The indoor shots always have more of an orange tint to them than reality.

It's not as long as I'd expected, so it has to be folded down at the pillows. I guess I'll just have to make some matching pillow cases and curtains.  

Hard to photograph such a big thing!  Not to mention hard to quilt it.  Even though it's "done" I'm going to go back and quilt more inside the squares.

I was happy enough with the back, though there are a few wrinkles here and there.   This picture shows the left over 6x6 squares, I combined three colored ones with one white in each square, then put them together with the whites in the middle.  


The final bits of the four "gift fabrics" are on the right.
I'm happy with it, and happy there was the pressure to actually finish it!  Now I can take it to the guild for show and tell next week, too!



1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to have it done! It's a lovely quilt, can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete