Sunday, October 2, 2011

Little Red Riding Hood

Another project completed, although I never put it on the U.F.O. list so I don't get the satisfaction of taking it off.   I didn't make the dress - just the apron, it is for my friend's daughter's Holloween costume.  She has a great hooded red cape to wear with it.  I hope it's not too warm in Virginia that day!   
Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out.
I didn't use a pattern and didn't have the real live kid to try it on
but I'm pretty sure it will fit okay.

The embroidered hearts, I'm not thrilled with.
In practice, they came out fine,
on the real thing they came out varying a lot
in width.  But I think I'll leave them- no one
is putting it under a microscope, I hope!

I do like the wave pattern on the hem.  This is my favorite pattern.
The thread tension is off for some reason, but I think it's cute.

I'll be able to pack it up and take it to the post office tomorrow.  I'm sure her mom will be relieved that it's done in time.  Knowing me as well as she does, she was probably wondering if it was going to show up FedEx on midnight the 30th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment