Monday, February 4, 2013

If This is Slacking Off...


I'd started to title the post "Slacking Off," because I felt crummy yesterday, fighting a cold, and felt like I wasn't really getting things done, and because I didn't sandwich and baste the big quilts, which was one of my weekend goals.  Probably because I don't really want to.  I'm insecure about how to quilt them, and concerned about making a mess.  So I procrastinate.  

But when I went downstairs to take pictures of my latest dyeing adventure, I found I have been doing quite a bit of  "stuff."  Here's a selection.  I'll write a separate post about the dying process next.

The Star Obsession continues.  The February block was released on 2/1/13 by Don't Call Me Betsy, and I had to start it first thing.  It is the one on the left.  I didn't like the way my beige and green points sort of muddled together in the center, so I added a diamond.  I haven't decided if I'll just applique it on, or piece it in on each of the four points.
It seems like this stripped fabric would make really cool sashing, if I have enough or can get more. It's from a line called Lily & Will which coordinates with some of the other prints.  I think when I get nine of these guys done, I'll make them into a wall hanging.  In addition to the QAL by DCMB I'm making some others that I found free.  The first one was on Craftsy, but the rest are available via Quilting on the Square.  They are called "Which Way North?"  The one on the right is from that group.  

These are the pieces of fabric I painted with my new art group last weekend.   They look more interesting on the wall than they do in real life.  I'm not sure what to do next, so I just stuck them on the spare design wall.  Otherwise they'll fall into that UFO black hole.
I also made a minor revision to this piece last night. This is the revised.  Can you tell what changed?   Sometimes it's hard to remember what you were thinking three months ago.


...but I'm really not sure why there was a pale pink line in the upper  part of the right side.  I like the new one much better. And that green strip was just sitting on the table waiting for me to use it.

The parts and pieces that were at one time slated to become part of  WIS #5 are back on the board, which lead me to trying this arrangement.  My goal now is to make three smaller pieces, and not put them together into the "standard" size and shape.  

So I guess that I will let myself off the hook for being a slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment