No, I don't want to say procrastinated. With spring finally here and 1,200 sq. ft. of veggie garden to plant, and trees and flowers to maintain, and a two week jaunt across France to plan, I didn't procrastinate as much as prioritize.
But I was determined to make this happen, and I did. I didn't take time for in-process photos, so all I have to show is the end result, but here it is.
This is all pieced. I had let myself forget what a challenge I had piecing curves at the workshop. In my mind's eye, it was going to be assembled strip by strip - with only the slight curves of each strip. That didn't happen. As I assembled colors and textures on the wall, I found that I couldn't really piece one strip at a time and still expect the globe to be round. So I assembled the top of the sphere first, including the black bar. Then I made the bottom strips and attached the bottom of the globe to them.
All that was left was two really nasty inset seams where the "sky" segments met the "water-with-globe-attached" pieces.
It does not have to go to the museum until June 18, so I still have to attach a hanging sleeve and some sort of slat. Artwork is supposed to be ready to hang, with proper hanging devices including wire. So I guess I will include a wood slat in the sleeve.
And in five more days, we are off to France!!!