Monday, October 14, 2013

Baby Steps - A submittal

This weekend I made a small toward my goals this weekend; specifically the goal about tracking calls for entry.  I went to the website Fiber Art Calls For Entry and discovered a small private show being organized fairly near where I live. It seemed like it was meant to be.  The deadline is October 20, but in a totally uncharacteristic move, I rephotographed my proposed piece in the wonderfully overcast but bright light yesterday, filled out all the forms, paid the fee and sent in my entry.  It almost doesn't  matter if it's accepted, I just feel good about taking the steps and proving to myself, that it's really not that hard!

There was no particular theme for the show, so who knows if my piece will fit in - I entered "Tipping Point," which just came back from the last show.  Stay tuned for a report on the results.

The wavy edges are really driving me nuts, so if it is accepted for the show I'm going to have to wet it down and block it.  It did not seem that it was that bad before!

No comments:

Post a Comment